School Policy \ 学校守则
学生守则 | Student Code
- 学生要尊重老师，尊重同学, 听从老师的指导。
- 严格遵守教室使用规定，未得许可不得动用在教室里的任何不属于自己的物品。保持教室内外清洁, 不得在学校任何地方涂鸦。
- Students should be at the school on time.
- Students need to respect teachers and other students, and listen to the teacher’s guidance.
- Students should listen to the teacher’s teaching carefully and not talk loudly to distract teachers teaching except for asking questions.
- Students should notify his/her teachers in advance if he/she will be absent.
- Students should not use, touch and misplace the provisions/supplies in the classroom that do not belong to the students. Also students should keep the school neat and clean and not graffiti on anywhere in classrooms and school.
- Students may not run around recess and students should listen to school security personnel’s instructions.
- Students should not bring any dangerous items to school. Once discovered, they will be immediately confiscated.
- If students cannot comply with the Code more than two times, school has the right to dismiss the students.
- Students should follow the Code strictly. All accidents and losses caused by students are the parents’ responsibility. School does not assume any legal responsibility.
- Iowa Chinese Language School has the discretion to use student’s name, electronic or photographic images, videos or exemplary accomplishments for educational and other purposes in print publications, school posters and websites.
家长守则 | Parent Code
- 家长应密切配合老师, 每周定期辅导学生完成家庭作业，并在需要签字处签名。
- 学校鼓励家长每学期至少两次听老师讲课，并向学校 ( firstname.lastname@example.org) 反馈听课后的信息，以便有利于促进老师提高教学水平。
- Every parent has obligation and rights for all schools’ work. Parents should actively support and participate in school teaching and community activities. School encourages and welcomes parents’ comments and suggestions to the school authorities at any time on improving the school management, teaching quality and community activities.
- School duty system will be used to get helps from parents to keep the school premises clean and in order. Parents on duty table is organized with class as a unit and set up at the beginning of each semester. Parents have the responsibility to help school complete the duty.
- Parents should remind their students to carefully listen to the teacher, to respect teachers and students.
- Parents should work closely with teachers, to regularly counsel students to complete their homework and sign at the signature if required.
- Parents need to send students to school on time. Parents should send their children to the classroom before leaving. To ensure safety, parents need to pick up the students on time after class. Parents should notify the teacher ahead of time if students will be absent for some reason.
- School strongly encourages parents to attend classes at least twice a semester and give suggestions and feedback to school ( email@example.com) after lectures, in order to help improve teaching.
- Without school’s permission, parents shall not issue any advertisements in the school as well as held any form of assemblies and activities.
- During the online registration in each semester, parents should fill out the information in detail with correct contact information to ensure school can contact you promptly when necessary. If there are any changes, be sure to notify the school.
- Parents are expected to abide all school codes and should not distract the school activities at any time. Cell phones must be turned off when inside the classroom. If parents broke the code repeatedly, school has the right to dismiss their children from school.
- Iowa Chinese Language School has the discretion to use parent and student’s names, electronic or photographic images, videos or exemplary accomplishments for educational and other purposes in print publications, school posters and websites.
老师守则 | Teacher Code
- 老师因事请假，应至少提前一星期通知校方 ( firstname.lastname@example.org)，以便有充分的时间安排代课老师。 若老师因故要求离职，校方要求提前一月通知校方以便及时更换老师，保证教学质量及学生和家长的利益。
- 学校在开学期间将安排教学交流活动, 老师应尽量参加教学交流活动。
- 老师备课材料和一切与上课有关资料, 须在期末交给校方 ( email@example.com).
- Follow the school overall arrangement, prepare teaching diligently and complete teaching task. Teaching with your best ability and answer students’ questions patiently.
- Understand students’ interests and hobbies, taking fully into account the characteristics of children growing up in America, blend American-style education combined with the essence of China’s education, inspire students to learn Chinese with enthusiasm and improve the level and confidence of students of Chinese learning.
- Teach cannot be late, but start class on time to avoid negative impact on teaching.
- Teachers should notify school at least one week ahead ( firstname.lastname@example.org) if they cannot be on duty temporarily to allow sufficient time to arrange a substitute teacher. If the teachers required resigning for any reason, the school requires advance notice one month ahead to give school adequate time to find replacement and to ensure the quality of teaching and the interests of students and parents.
- In general, teachers need to assign homework to students for 5 days/week and correct and mark student homework carefully.
- Keep a good record for students’ Chinese learning, identify problems and communicate with parents and schools.
- Schools will arrange teaching exchange activities during school year. Teachers are encouraged to participate in teaching exchange activities.
- Materials for teachers’ use to prepare lessons and classes need to be handed in to school in the end school year ( email@example.com).
- School encourages and welcomes teachers to suggest ways for school to improve teaching, school management and environment.
- Iowa Chinese Language School has the discretion to use teacher’s name, electronic or photographic images, videos or exemplary accomplishments for educational and other purposes in print publications, school posters and websites.